Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Unavoidable Craziness

I won't even pretend that my busy-ness is any busier than your busy-ness.....because I think we're all pretty flat-out this time of year.

Right now we're trying to get this kitchen done. We just can't see ourselves shelling out the big bucks to buy cabinets and hire plumbers to do what we know we can do ourselves so we have committed ourselves to this massive project. Jim is building the cabinets. We are both cutting and nailing, sanding, and staining the pine floor that we got for $2 per square foot. I hope to be able to demolish the soffit and redo the drywall this week. I'm hoping to get Jeff and Dave to paint. Mind you, most of this must be done before Christmas when my family comes over. We're going to be doing the floor the week after Christmas. We have been putting this off just because by the time Jim gets home in the evening, we can't put in another 4 or 5 hours and these kind of projects don't lend themselves to 15-minute increments.

That being said, with all there is to do around here, I've not been able to put much time or thought into blogging. I haven't disappeared, I would rather just write nothing than meaningless drivel..................which is what you'd get if I was blogging daily right now. So, for the time being, I am only going to be posting to my weight loss blog here. This is out of necessity. My marathon blog and this will pick up after the holidays and my kitchen mess are past.

I have been reading all of your blogs and enjoying them immensely! I just haven't had much time to comment or keep in touch. I'll be back, though!

Have a wonderful Christmas season!

Karen

3 comments:

TO BECOME said...

We have missed you but hope you get what you need to get done before Christmas. Have a very good day, one full of accomplishments. connie from Texas

Richard J said...

Isn't home ownership fun? I'm just glad you're doing well. I was beginning to worry about you.

You do realize that when you get done, we'll be expecting pictures of the new kitchen...

Pen of Jen said...

I have missed swinging over. I am understanding the busy ness mE TOO!!

hEY i am having a give away for my one year anniversary...come on over and enter!
Jennifer