Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Re-introducing the Christ

This is something totally different than what I would normally post but I listened to this on someone else's website and thought it was extremely powerful. This woman doesn't mince words. Have a listen.....


On the same blog,Loving Jesus-Leaving Church, there is a link to a transcript of David Wilkerson that I thought was great.

Finally, I received something in my email that brought joy to my heart. If you have read this blog for any time at all, you know that I'm pretty disturbed about the condition of the church and grieved with what she has become. My husband and I have burned out on church programs over the years and we are now spending our time developing intimacy with the Father rather than using our skills in program after program after program in a building we refer to as 'church'. Here I go on my soapbox again.......I'll spare you today. Here's a link to the article. Please keep in mind that I believe Bill Hybels to be an honorable man of God and his honesty here is a testimony to that.

Those three things encouraged me yesterday! I get excited when I see the church fulfilling what she was called to be, standing against sin, walking in power, and relying on the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 16:18......... I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Coming up.....Help Harold find his way to the church! Come back on Wednesday and find out what I'm talking about. Also later in the week I can share some news about what is going on with us. And, no, I'm not pregnant!!!!! Just the Lord doing more than I could ever ask or think. It's almost getting comical.

Have a great day!
Karen








4 comments:

TO BECOME said...

I love my church because she is doing the work the Lord commanded her to do. We have a real man of God who leads us and not only in word but in his life also. We have a great church. I wish you could visit with us. I can't wait to see what is going on with you. connie from Texas

Pen of Jen said...

Wow!

She was RIGHT ON!

Thanks for taking me on this walk with you! I am so pleased to realize that I am not alone.

I am so grateful that you are sharing this journey.
Jen

Richard J said...

Great stuff, Karen! Those are really encouraging. Just shows that God is at work all over His church...

Praise and Coffee said...

I love this!
I was shouting amen!