Monday, September 17, 2007

Meow!

I cannot believe that I'm saying this, but, we are now cat owners. Since my 6-year-old is kind of like an only child seeing that her brothers are so much older, we thought it might be a good idea to get a pet. I, quite honestly, have no desire to take care of a dog. I know myself. I have a hard enough time keeping my house clean, let alone taking care of a new puppy. We thought a kitten might be the perfect pet instead. They really aren't a whole lot of work. We visited the humane society on Saturday, found a 7-week-old kitten named Shirley, filled out all the paperwork, and we should have her tomorrow morning. She is being spayed today. Tonight we go get all the supplies.

I'm excited to have a little pet around. It's been a while. We had cockatiels and a conure around 8 years ago back in New York. They were fun but not quite so cuddly. Carries' birthday was the perfect opportunity to move back into 'pet world'.

No comments: